MAAYAWorld Network for Linguistic Diversity
Authorities and Network Structure
Executive Committee Members
- Adama Samassékou, president
- Daniel Prado, executive secretary
- Marcel Diki-Kidiri, treasurer
- Dieter Halwachs, deputy executive secretary
- Claudio Menezes
- The General AssemblyThe General Assembly is comprised of all the members of the Maaya Network. It has to meet at least every two years.
- The Executive CommitteeThe Executive Committee is comprised of at least nine members, representing the institutions of the Network, who are elected by the General Assembly, by simple majority, for a period of four years.
- The PresidentThe President is elected every four years by the Executive Committee, of which he is a member. His election is approved by the General Assembly. The president can be reelected.
- The Executive SecretaryThe Executive Secretariat, nominated upon the proposition of the President, among the Executive Committee members, is in charge of conducting the management of ordinary business being of the responsibility of the Executive Committee.
- The Deputy Executive SecretaryThe Deputy Executive Secretary, nominated upon the proposition of the President, among the Executive Committee members, acts in concretion with the Executive Secretary and suppliant in case of unavailability of the former.
- The SecretariatThe Secretariat, nominated upon the proposition of the President, among the Executive Committee members, is the administrative body of the Maaya Network, under the responsibility of the Executive Secretary.
- The TreasurerThe Treasurer, nominated upon the proposition of the President, among the Executive Committee members, is in charge of keeping the accounting of the Network.
- The Scientific Committee The Scientific Committee is composed of independent experts -both members or non members- providing their advice once a year about the activities of the Network and upon request of the Executive Committee.
- The Consultative CommitteeThe Consultative Committee is composed of representatives of members institutions or non members co-opted by the Network and aims to support and define strategic points of the Network upon request of the Executive Committee.
- The Working GroupsThe Working Groups will be created by the Executive Committee according to specific needs. They will concentrate in subjects and projects related to the program of the Network.